Renewable Energy Engineer
This is a remote position. Must be able to travel.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Renewable Energy Engineer will be a key member in a small team leading the research and development of The Conti Group’s next generation utility scale solar generation system. This position will include a wide variety of activities including vendor and technology due diligence, product testing, and review; theoretical modeling and analysis; as well as prototype design and development at the solar cell, module, and system level.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in chemical and electrical engineering, a working knowledge of structural engineering and semiconductor physics, and have an ability to work in the laboratory, work hands-on in real-world outdoor projects, and work in the office.
This position will be based out of your own home office and will also include a considerable travel to laboratories, vendors offices, factories, customers, and project sites.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Expected Completion in 2022
- Knowledge of Chemical, Electrical, and Structural Engineering
- Working Knowledge of Semiconductor Physics
- Experience with non-Silicon solar cell technology, such as CdTe, Perovskite, CIGS and Organic based solar cells.
- Experience with laboratory solution deposition techniques
- Experience with emerging solar energy products and technologies, such as new solar module structures, module level panel electronics, and smart inverters.
- The ability to perform hands-on engineering activities, such as CAD, assembly, prototyping, product evaluation and testing.
- The ability to perform market research, corporate and vendor due diligence.
- The ability to produce financial estimates and analysis is desirable.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel.
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Have excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills.
- Be innovative and can envision new uses, applications and solutions built from existing technologies, products, and inventions.
- Be self-directed, organized, and motivated to accomplish assigned goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Have a passion for renewable energy and next generation technologies.